- 10 Days Tuition including revision and exam (17 days if NGC1 not already held) and preparation for GC3 (practical)
- Additional Work:
- NCC2 (practical) to be submitted within two weeks following final exam
- Nationwide or In-House
The NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety is established as a leading health and safety award for the construction industry, with over 4,000 successful candidates since 1989.
The NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety is a nationally and internationally recognised qualification. It is designed to help those with health and safety responsibilities, for example managers, supervisors and employee representatives, from construction type organisations, making day-to-day decisions at work. It will give them a broad understanding of health and safety issues and enable them to manage risks, within construction activities, effectively.
Many people take the NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction as a first step in a career in health and safety within the construction industry. The qualification meets the academic requirements for Technical membership (TechIOSH) of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH). It provides a valuable overview and is a sound basis for further professional study.
The NEBOSH National Construction Certificate is aimed at Supervisors, Managers and CDM co-ordinators within the construction industry who are required to ensure that activities under their control are undertaken safely. It is likely to prove useful for those concerned with the management of buildings who may need to ensure that contractors are working safely. The qualification is also appropriate for supervisors and managers working in other industries such as utilities, and even broadcasting, where temporary workplaces are a feature of their activities.
The NEBOSH National Construction Certificate consists of three units; each separately assessed (enabling students to choose to take individual units in any order over a five year period). NGC1 Management of health and safety, NCC1 Managing and controlling hazards in construction activities and NCC2 Construction health and safety practical application.
Are you already one step towards your NEBOSH National Construction Certificate? Unit NGC1 (Management of health and safety) is common to the NEBOSH National Construction Certificate, the National General Certificate and the Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management, enabling students to combine units across NEBOSH qualifications. Students do not need to re-sit any units already successfully achieved providing they were gained within the last five years.
- NGC1: Two hour written examination if not already held
- NCC1: Two hour written examination on day 11
- NCC2: Practical inspection and management report (submitted post course)
Unit NCC1 Managing and controlling hazards in construction activities
- Construction law and management
- Construction activities hazards and control
- Workplace hazards and risk control
- Transport hazards and risk control
- Movement of people and vehicles – hazards and control
- Manual and mechanical handling – hazards and control
- Work equipment - hazards and risk control
- Electrical safety
- Fire safety
- Chemical and biological health - hazards and risk control
- Physical and psychological health - hazards and risk control
- Working at height - hazards and risk control
- Excavation work and confined spaces – hazards and risk control
- Demolition and deconstruction - hazards and risk control
Unit NCC2: Construction health and safety practical application*
- Demonstrate the ability to apply knowledge of the unit NGC1 and NCC1 syllabus by successful completion of a health and safety inspection of a construction workplace
- Complete a report to management regarding the inspection with recommendations
*To be submitted within two weeks following final exam.
|Birmingham - Ibis Birmingham City Centre||View Dates & Book Now|
|Colchester - The Best Western Marks Tey Hotel||View Dates & Book Now|
|Darlington - Mercure Darlington Kings Hotel||View Dates & Book Now|
|Derby - CRS Training Centre||View Dates & Book Now|
|Gloucester - Mercure Gloucester Bowden Hall Hotel||View Dates & Book Now|
|Manchester - Novotel Manchester West||View Dates & Book Now|
|Reading - Holiday Inn Reading South||View Dates & Book Now|
|Southampton - Holiday Inn||View Dates & Book Now|
|Southampton - Holiday Inn Eastleigh||View Dates & Book Now|
|York - Novotel York Centre||View Dates & Book Now|