Terms & Conditions
- In these Terms and Condition of Contract:
CRS means Corporate Risk Systems Limited (Registered Number 3773262) and its subsidiary businesses and divisions;
CRS Materials means any materials, information, documents, property or data of any kind in whatever form and on whatever media held (whether physical, printed, digital or otherwise) including: training manuals, course notes, know-how, specifications, graphics, text, literature, drawings, diagrams, reports, advice, ideas, concepts, techniques, processes, procedures, structures, records, manuals, handbooks, briefing guides, reports;
Client means the client of CRS for whom Services are being carried out pursuant to the Contract;
Conditions means the standard CRS terms and conditions of contract as set out herein;
Contract means the entire contract for the carrying out of the Services between CRS and the Client and incorporating the Conditions;
Intellectual Property Rights means all or any registered or unregistered intellectual property rights in any part of the world, including patents, design rights and registered designs, copyrights, database rights, topography rights, trade marks, and service marks, domain names, know-how, rights in invention, designs and ideas, and right to confidence, together with any right to apply for any such intellectual property rights and the benefit of any applications for any such intellectual property rights, in each case for the full period of such rights and all extension and renewals of such;
Proposal means the CRS proposal to the Client upon which the Contract is based;
Services means all the services to be carried out by CRS for the Client pursuant to the Contract and as set out in the CRS Proposal, or as varied as in 3) i) and for the avoidance of doubt these Conditions do not apply to the supply of software by CRS;
- Acceptance of our Proposal for Services implies acceptance of these Conditions.
- Any reference in the Conditions to any provision of a statute shall be construed as a reference to that provision as amended re-enacted or extended at the relevant time.
- In these Terms and Condition of Contract:
- These Conditions constitute the terms of the Contract and shall prevail to the exclusion of any terms or conditions of the Client conflicting therewith.
- Unless otherwise stated in a Proposal, fees are charged according to the actual time incurred for preparation, reading, travel, site work, training, report writing and associated activities as defined by the requirements of the project set out in the proposal. Expenses where included in the Contract include all reasonable expenses incurred in the execution of the Services. Travel will be charged at business class rate or equivalent. Car miles will be charged at Inland Revenue recognised rates. Should the nature, scope or duration of the Services to be provided change before, during or after the Contract, then any fees and expenses noted in the Proposal are also subject to change.
- Unless otherwise stated, Proposals are valid for 60 days.
- Whilst CRS will make every effort to meet any dates noted in the Proposal, it reserves the right to vary this and will endeavour to notify the customer in advance of any changes.
- Fees quoted are subject to change by 30 days notice by CRS of its intention to apply such a change.
- In the event of loss of or damage to physical property arising from the negligence of CRS, any liability of CRS shall be limited to the cost of replacement of the property suffering damage or to the cost of rectification of such damage whichever is the less, provided always that the total liability of CRS shall not exceed GBP1M in respect of any claim or series of claims arising out of one occurrence.
- CRS shall not be under any liability for loss or damage howsoever caused unless written notice from the Client is received by CRS at its Registered Office within 30 days of the occurrence of the loss or damage or the Client becoming aware of the occurrence whichever is the sooner.
- Except as provided in i) and ii) above, CRS shall not be liable for any loss of or damage to property nor for any consequential or economic or other losses of any kind howsoever caused.
- The Client acknowledges that all Intellectual Property Rights in and to the CRS Materials, shall be and shall remain CRS' absolute property.
- CRS permits the Client to use the CRS Materials for the purposes of using the Services provided under this Contract, and CRS grants the Client a non-exclusive licence to use and reproduce the CRS Materials for this purpose only.
- The provision of the Services can in no way alter the terms of any Contract between the Client and any other party for the supply of plant or equipment and does not relieve such other party of responsibilities contractual or otherwise.
- Where the Services include the assessment of risks, CRS will take into account risk factors of which it is aware at the time of the consultant's visit(s). It should be noted that there might be other not reasonably identifiable factors that may be relevant or other matters, which in the opinion of the consultant do not constitute risks in the context of the report. In preparing reports, CRS may suggest improvements, which in its opinion will reduce risks. It should not be inferred that other risks could not be reduced or further controlled, nor that identified risks could not be reduced further by other measures or in other ways.
- If Services are cancelled by the Client, CRS in its discretion is entitled to invoice for 50% of the applicable fee where cancellation is within 28 days of the agreed date, and for 100% of the applicable fee where cancellation is within 14 days of the agreed date.
- All invoices are issued for payment within 30 days, or before the first session of a training course whichever comes first, unless otherwise agreed in writing unless otherwise agreed in writing.
- The Client will:
- Provide access to all relevant sites and ensure that CRS is provided with all reasonable facilities, documents and access to its staff to enable it to provide the Services.
- Give reasonable notice when CRS is required to carry out any part of the Services.
- Ensure payments are made promptly according to the Conditions.
- Any obligation upon CRS to provide the Services shall be suspended during such time as the capacity to provide the same is prevented or hindered by reason of any act of God, strike or other industrial action or other cause beyond CRS control.
- Either party may terminate this Contract by 60 days notice in writing to the other party at the address shown overleaf, and in such event, fees earned by CRS for services rendered up to the date of cancellation shall be payable immediately.
- Termination of the Contract for whatever reason shall not affect the accrued rights of the parties arising in any way out of the Contract as at the date of termination and in particular but without limitation the right to recover damages against the other and all provisions which are expressed to survive the Contract shall remain in force and effect.
- A fee will be charged by CRS to the Client for any employee or Associate Consultant of CRS who is engaged by the Client, or any of his customers, as an employee or contractor in any capacity within one year of any Services provided to the Client by that employee or Associate Consultant.
- Clients agree to allow CRS to use their Company name(s) in publicity and marketing materials, unless the contrary is expressed in writing.
- Nothing in this Contract shall be taken as granting any rights expressly or impliedly whether contractual or statutory to persons other than CRS or the Client including without limitation rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- Compliance with all statutes, regulations or other standards remains fully the responsibility of the Client at all times.
- This Contract shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law and be subject only to the jurisdiction of English Courts.
- The Contract shall not be amended or supplemented except in writing signed by duly authorised representatives of both parties.
- Any notice required to be sent under these Conditions or associated Contract will be properly served if sent by First Class Recorded or Registered Delivery post to Corporate Risk Systems Limited at our Registered Office as follows: Clay House, 5, Horninglow Street, Burton upon Trent, Staffs, DE14 1NG, UK.
CRS strives to provide the user with compelling reasons to visit our website again and again. We believe strongly in protecting our users' privacy and will not wilfully disclose information about visitors to our site to any third party without first receiving that user's permission. CRS may conduct occasional email surveys. This information will be used only by CRS to help create a better service. CRS provides users the opportunity to opt out of receiving further communications at the point where your personal information is requested. Alternatively, users may opt out of receiving future survey mailings by contacting CRS. Removal requests will be acted upon within 28 days of the request. CRS will not sell, rent, share, trade or give away any of your personal information on its email lists. CRS is committed to the security of user information and has security procedures in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under its control. This website contains links to other websites and CRS is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
Data Protection Statement
CRS needs to collect certain types of information about people with which it deals in order to operate, and is registered with the Information Commissioner's Office as required by the Data Protection Act 1998. We retain essential information relating to current, past or prospective employees, students, suppliers, clients and others with whom we communicate. In addition, CRS may occasionally be required by law to collect and use certain types of information to comply with the requirements of government departments. The Data Protection Act provides various safeguards relating to the management of individuals' personal data. It places a number of obligations on CRS to ensure that data is managed effectively and lawfully. CRS fully endorses and adheres to the principles of data protection as set out in the Act. Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you can make a formal request to receive copies of any information held by CRS. To do this you are required to submit a subject access request.
This website has been designed to be as accessible as possible to people with disabilities and also to be compatible with the types of adaptive technology used by people with disabilities, including screen readers and text only web browsers.
To navigate through this website please use the menu on the top of the page.
You may change the display font size to your preference using your browser:
- In Internet Explorer, select View, then Text size, and then your preferred size
- In Netscape select View, then Text zoom, and then your preferred percentage size
- Other browsers may vary
We recommend that users download free the latest version of Adobe® Reader® to view our Adobe PDF files. Visit Adobe for information about their products.
Our aim is to ensure that all our PDFs are accessible. Presently, a small number are still to be revised into fully accessible versions. For further information please contact us.
Fri, 17 May 2013 14:02
Mighty Mini Race Report – Team CRS – Silverstone 11th May + WIN two FREE Tickets to Brands Hatch
Rounds 3 & 4 of the Mighty Mini Championship s...
Thu, 16 May 2013 20:24
Derbyshire food company prosecuted after worker severs fingertip
An Ilkeston food company has been fined after an e...
You can Buy Online – or if you need more information or have any questions Call Us
on freephone 0808 120 3895
– or email your question or request for more information to firstname.lastname@example.org – we are here to help!
"Excellence in everything we do - Exceeding expectations at every opportunity."